Using MDA technology
, build your own bespoke model-driven development tool by adapting Objecteering to your company or your project's particular context. The construction of methodological support and code production tools for complex architectures enables easy SOA application development.
With MDA Modeler
, you can easily build and integrate your MDA adaptations in Objecteering, in order to:
- tool and drive a specific methodological approach
- extend Objecteering's modeling capacities
- simplify the work of your teams and increase productivity
- capitalize on best modeling practices
- systematize code and documentation generation work
MDA Modeler is a new generation of tool designed to make MDA implementation simple. You define your MDA model transformation or code generation tools just as easily as your UML models, directly in UML2 or using a dedicated graphical editor:
- edit your UML profiles graphically in UML2
- automatically transform your models (PIM and PSM)
- automate production of your design patterns
- adapt code generation to your target
- simply define documentation generation using document templates
Packaged as MDA components
, these extensions and adaptations can be dynamically applied to a project and combined to configure your own modeling and production environment.
MDA customization and extension in Java
With Objecteering MDA Modeler, you can model your UML extensions with the graphical profile editor, and take advantage of the powerful Java API to adapt Objecteering and make it the ideal tool for productivity and quality.
The Objecteering metamodel
(UML2, goals, requirements, BPMN, etc.) is open and entirely accessible through a Java API. Any action an end-user can carry out using Objecteering can be programmed through the Java API:
- browsing and element searches within the model
- adaptation of UML element presentation
- definition of specific graphical editors providing their own element presentation
- addition or adaptation of tools, menu, buttons and palettes
- extension and adaptation of the tool's GUI
- automated model transformation (model to model, model to code)
- code generation to target platforms
Dedicated wizards help reduce Java programming and decrease the tool customization techniques learning curve.
The power of MDA technology, the richness of Java and the scope of Objecteering's features combine to multiply the quality and productivity of your developments, through the customization of Objecteering to your own methods and your own production platforms.